One in six couples will have a fertility issue at some point in their lives and one in 10 couples will have trouble conceiving their second child. You are not alone.
Don’t panic, your fertility journey doesn’t have to be an express service straight to IVF. Some simple changes can improve your chance of conceiving naturally.
Whether you're just starting out or you've been trying for a while, it's important to remember the emotions, worries and thoughts you are trying to deal with are valid and common. You are not alone.
The World Health Organisation predicts that infertility will be the third most serious health condition in the 21st Century
We're dedicated to helping you achieve your dream - having a baby. We offer a range of services - from counselling through to IVF & pre-implantation genetic diagnosis - all with the aim of easing your journey to successful pregnancy.
Are you a female struggling to conceive? Read through potential reasons why, or learn more about testing options.
With 40% of fertility issues being male related, it may be time to find out more.
Our intention, driven by 30 years of planning, compassion and research investment, is to put our words into action for you so that you can feel assured that there is no better care and no better chance of a healthy baby to be found. Anywhere.
Because of the care, technology and expertise we put into your care, you’ll have a better chance of taking home a baby.
Follow our exciting and informative 10 part Modern Babies series presented by Genea and Nova Entertainment
At Genea we work with only the best specialists and science, resulting in leading success rates. Find the right specialist or the clinic that suits you today.
Established in February 2014, Genea Oxford Fertility offers Christchurch couples access to treatment options for all of their fertility needs.
It’s important to find the right specialist for you. Read the profiles of the Fertility Specialists here.
The ovaries store a woman’s lifetime supply of immature eggs - approximately 400,000.
During sex millions of sperm are released into the vagina but only a few hundred will get close to the egg and have a chance to fertilise it.
Each year approximately 10,000 babies are born due to ART in Australia
Approximately 25% of people undertaking Assisted Reproductive Treatment (ART) had already successfully given birth.
Your BMI will greatly influence your ability to conceive naturally. A healthy BMI is 18.5 - 24.9.
The top advice people give in hindsight for when trying to conceive - Don't wait! Get help early!
The age group with highest success rate for women undertaking IVF is women under 30.
The quality of sperm deteriorates after the age of 35. In fact, fertility falls at a rate of 2% per year.
The World Health Organisation predicts that infertility and sterility will be the third most serious condition after cancer and cardiovascular disease in the 21st century.
Approximately 50% of couples who talk to a fertility specialist at Genea Oxford do not need to have any form of IVF to successfully take home a healthy baby.
Assisted Reproductive Techniques are not only for couples who cannot naturally conceive. Some couples use ART for genetic screening.
PGD - When two cystic fibrosis carriers conceive a child, there is a 25 per cent chance that the baby will have cystic fibrosis, a 50 per cent chance that the baby will be a carrier and a 25 per cent chance that the baby will be unaffected. IVF with PGD allows the couple to produce a number of embryos, but only transfer those that are either unaffected or carriers.
Around seven out of 10 first trimester losses are caused by chromosome problems.
Blockages (often called obstructions) in the tubes which carry sperm away from the testes are the second most common cause of male infertility and affects about one in every five infertile men
AMH -This is a simple blood test, which is sometimes.known as the ‘egg timer’ test, it measures the level of Anti-Mullerian Hormone (AMH) in your blood, providing an indication of how many eggs are left in your ovaries
If you need more info, have questions or just want some advice on your next steps feel free to ask me.
Please sign up for our Newsletter and stay abreast of all our fertility news.
Anti-Mullerian Hormone (AMH) is a...
Also referred to as BMI - it is an estimate of the amount of body fat you...
Also known as CF, it is a serious genetic disease (with a recessive inheritance pattern)...
Embryo as a term is used to describe everything from a fertilised egg (or...
When an egg (oocyte) is fertilised by a sperm outside of the body it is via a...
Do you know your BMI? Use the Genea calculator to determine yours now.
Please enter valid Height and Weight to continue.
Your BMI is: